Congratulations on your new addition to your family. Puppy preschool is a good way to introduce your new puppy to other puppies and thus allow development of good socialisation. At our Drovers Vet Hospital puppy preschool you will also learn about puppy training and veterinary health. Below is just some information with regards to classes.
- Minimum puppy age is 10 weeks with at least 1 vaccination. Maximum age is 18 weeks
- Classes start at 7:30pm on Thursdays at our Drovers Vet Hospital premises
- Classes will run for 1 hour
- Cost is $100. This includes 4 classes over a 4 week period. This is payable upon registration and is non-refundable. There are no “catch-up” classes so it is imperative that you and your puppy attend each class to get the full benefit. No refunds will be given for classes missed.
- Only 2 family members per class and we also ask that no other family pets are brought to the classes.
Outline of what is covered in classes
- Realistic expectations
- Basic training techniques
- Treats and training rewards
- Social training
- Toilet training
- Lead walking
- More advanced training techniques
- Each class will also focus around interactional socialisation
- Basic veterinary health (vaccinations, worming, parasite control, sterilisation)
- Dental care and health
- General veterinary first aid
- Each class will also allow for feedback and question time
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 9306 3911 if you have any queries relating to your new puppy or the preschool classes.